mejkids

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Who Am I?

Where do I start?
My name is Jessica, but I prefer Jess :)
I love Jesus. He's the bomb!
I'm 25 years old. 
I am married to my oh so handsome best friend, Joshua Aloysius (he hates when I use his middle name...hehe). We will celebrate our 3rd year of marriage next week on the 18th!
Katie & Kathleen keep me sane. Couldn't ask for better friends! 
I'm from Kentucky, but I live in Cambodia. I just moved here 2 months ago.
Josh and I are missionaries through Assemblies of God World Missions(AGWM). We are are currently serving the Lord in the capitol city of Cambodia- Phnom Penh. We will be here for 2 years for our first term, but intend to come back indefinitely. We love this country :)

2 years ago my husband and I had the opportunity to go on a 2 week mission trip to Cambodia. God completely wrecked us (that's a good thing) and broke our hearts for the country. We knew that when we went back home from the mission trip, we could no longer continue living the selfish lives we had. During that 2 week trip, God revealed His call on our lives to become missionaries. When we got home we immediately started the interview/training process to become missionaries through AGWM. We then started the itinerating process. This involved traveling to AG churches around KY (we also visited some in TN) and meeting with friends/family to share about Cambodia and raise funds so that we could move and minister here.

I first started this blog 2 years ago as a way to share our itineration journey and just to unload thoughts and whatnot. Now that the itineration process is over and we are finally in Cambodia, I decided to start blogging about life here in Cambodia and this crazy ride God has us on :) Maybe it will encourage someone along the way. Enjoy :)
Jess




Me and Josh standing next to Cambodia's flag at Pre-Field Orientation(PFO)


No comments:

Post a Comment